Catering and Personal Chef Services focusing on the use of high quality, organic, and locally produced seasonal ingredients. Offering vegetarian, vegan and gluten free gourmet options. Services ranging from gallery events to private parties.

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

SOUP'S ON!

 Chicken Artichoke Chanterelle Soup with Spinach-Herb Dumplings...OH MY!
Ahhh, the simple joy of hot soup on a winter's day. And yes, this soup was even more delicious than it looks.
It was crafted from an organic chicken that I raised here on our farmstead. The Chanterelle mushrooms were wildcrafted by myself, my husband and my son on the pacific coast of California. The stock was made from various veggies grown in our garden. OK, so the artichokes were bought in the freezer section of Trader Joe's and I didn't grind my own flour for the dumplings, but that's something to aspire to, right? This is truly the way I love to cook and eat. Good, honest food with simple, pure ingredients that deliver layers of flavor. That equals = YUM!



 Spinach-Herb Dumplings before going into the soup.
I think dumplings are an underrated addition to soup.
If you haven't tried to make them before, they are so EASY! A mixture of flour, butter, milk and leavener plus anything else you can think of. They're like puffy clouds of flavor floating in your soup. 

3 comments:

  1. This looks incredibly yummy and satisfying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your recipes. I will be following you - eating ala Bridgette!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ellen. Please feel free to let me know if you have any special dietary needs or even what your favorite kind of food is. I'm happy to tailor my recipes to what interests you. For me, it's a fun challenge to take foods that are old favorites and give them a new life as wheat free, vegan or vegetarian creations.

      Delete